NT Lakis lawyers are pleased to present the latest installment of our “CWC Interstate” series of guides, which are a resource exclusively for the use of members of the Center for Workplace Compliance (CWC). We recently launched Interstate guides as a way to help CWC members stay on top of important state and local workplace compliance developments.
On a rotating basis, CWC Interstate briefly summarizes the very latest developments within one of four U.S. regions: Northeast, Central, South, and West.
Our ultimate aim is to publish a new CWC Interstate guide each month, rotating through each of these four regions. Our latest edition summarizes the following recent state and local developments within the Northeast Region.
This month’s Northeast Region update looks at recent developments in the following areas:
- Paid Leave (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Westchester County, NY)
- Harassment Prevention (Connecticut, Maryland, New Jersey, and New York City)
- Salary History Ban (Maine and New Hampshire)
- Protected Classes (New York City)
- Pregnancy Accommodation and Lactation (Connecticut, New York City, and Pittsburgh, PA)
- Marijuana Use Protection (New York City)
- Minimum Wage (Connecticut, Maryland, and New Jersey)
- Ban the Box (West Virginia)
- Credit History Check (New Hampshire)
Members of the Center for Workplace Compliance (CWC) can read more here.