Michael Bracken represents and advises employers on all major federal, state, and local employment laws, including the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and federal immigration laws.
Mike provides clients with a full range of advice and counsel on workplace legal and compliance requirements, including:
- Advising and counseling clients on equal employment opportunity, wage and hour, and immigration matters
- Advising employers on defending charges of discrimination before the EEOC and state and local fair employment practices agencies (FEPA)
- Conducting effective investigations of alleged unlawful harassment, discrimination, and retaliation
- Defending OFCCP compliance evaluations and complaint investigations
- Researching and drafting memoranda analyzing significant employment-related developments within the judicial, executive, and legislative branches
- Performing self-critical analyses and internal audits of employment policies and practices
In addition to his law firm role, Mike also serves as Senior Counsel to the Center for Workplace Compliance (CWC), where he helps CWC members understand and meet their workplace compliance requirements, assists with friend-of-the-court briefs on important labor and employment cases, and writes weekly memoranda advising the association’s members on important workplace compliance developments. Mike is also a Senior Consultant with the firm’s affiliated consulting group, Employment Advisory Services, Inc.
Mike previously worked in the commercial litigation group of a large Am Law 100 law firm. His extensive litigation and government investigation experience helps him provide clients with a valuable perspective on workplace compliance issues.