Joe Vele advises employers on their workplace legal and compliance requirements under a host of federal, state, and local labor and employment laws, with a particular emphasis on the nondiscrimination, affirmative action, and reporting requirements enforced by the Labor Department’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).
Joe has helped clients in the telecommunications, retail, and defense industries manage OFCCP compliance evaluations and mitigate their affirmative action and systemic discrimination risks, specifically in the areas of talent acquisition and compensation.
Joe provides a broad array of workplace legal and compliance-related services to NT Lakis clients, including:
- Defending OFCCP compliance evaluations and complaint investigations
- Conducting OFCCP audit readiness assessments
- Developing compliant affirmative action programs
- Performing statistical analyses of employment transaction data
- Conducting rigorous self-critical analyses of compensation data
- Assessing organizational compliance with talent acquisition requirements
In addition to his law firm role, Joe also serves as Counsel to the Center for Workplace Compliance (CWC), where he advises CWC members on practical methods for ensuring compliance with federal and state nondiscrimination and affirmative action requirements. Joe is also a Consultant with the firm’s affiliated consulting group, Employment Advisory Services, Inc.